WHY? This is true Mongolian BBQ and it got the approval from a Mongolian chef. And I get to try out the experience of cooking with red-hot stones in the pot alongside all the food!
WOULD WE MAKE THIS AGAIN? Yes.
FAVORITE ASPECT? The fact that something cooked with stones in it, actually came out good!
COOKING NOTES? I got the seal of approval for Khorkhog from a friend (thanks Andras), as one of his co-workers has a husband who is a Mongolian chef. So this involves cooking meat on really hot stones. I started by literally barbecuing stones, then added lamb, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, cabbage and caraway seed, before adding some more hot stones on top. Hearing the meat start to sizzle right away on the hot stones was a good sign. Add some water, cover and place on a charcoal fire. Both Kristin and I were quite unsure if this would work. Who puts rocks in their food? Would the lamb be tender enough? Well after cooking for about an hour, the verdict was that this was very good! We enjoyed it and this was a total surprise (I thought it could be bottom 20 easy). I also went with the tradition of holding one of the hot stones in my hand…I lasted 5 seconds.
RANK AMONGST ALL MEALS? 138 of 188.
WHAT? Octopus Curry, Daube de Banana
WHY? Making a dish with a whole octopus…why not?
WOULD WE MAKE THIS AGAIN? Yes.
FAVORITE ASPECT? The tenderness of the octopus came out just right.
COOKING NOTES? 1. Octopus Curry. Kris picked up a whole octopus and then boiled it, followed by cooking with various curry spices, coconut milk, eggplant, onion and green pepper. Now octopus is not something either of us are in love with, but we have liked it before. We knew there was a chance it would be a bust…but it actually came out good!
2. Daube de Banana. Kris made this too. Plantains, coconut milk, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and sugar made for a solid dessert.
RANK AMONGST ALL MEALS? 158 of 187.
WHY? This seemed like the best fit for us when researching recipes from Kyrgyzstan.
WOULD WE MAKE THIS AGAIN? Yes.
FAVORITE ASPECT? Nice flavor combo, as the pumpkin gave this a yummy burst of flavor.
COOKING NOTES? Oromo is basically a steamed dumpling. Made with a couple variations, this had ground turkey, pumpkin, celery, onion, Za’atar seasoning and paprika…and it came out pretty good. We enjoyed this more than we expected. Served with homemade tzatziki sauce, plus a side of sautéed spinach and snap peas just for the heck of it.
RANK AMONGST ALL MEALS? 145 of 186.
WHAT? Dibis W’rashi, Murabyan
WHY? We could have the first dish for lunch, and the second dish for dinner.
HOW? http://globaltableadventure.com/recipe/kuwaiti-pbj-dibis-wrashi/ (dibis)
WOULD WE MAKE THIS AGAIN? Yes.
FAVORITE ASPECT? Both dishes were very good. The rice was terrific in the murabyan.
COOKING NOTES? 1. Dibis W’rashi. This is the Kuwaiti version of a PB&J sandwich, as it’s tahini and date syrup (not PB&J) spread on naan. This was pretty good. I’d eat this for lunch on a regular basis actually.
2. Murabyan. This was a shrimp and rice dish. With spices such as turmeric, cloves, curry powder, allspice, ginger and garlic, the shrimp and rice were all cooked together. Made for a delicious combo.
RANK AMONGST ALL MEALS? 97 of 185.
WHAT? Ndole, Boiled Plantains
WHY? Ndole is Cameroon’s national dish.
WOULD WE MAKE THIS AGAIN? Yes.
FAVORITE ASPECT? The fact that this meal surprised me (I was worried it would be back-to-back meals in the bottom 10, on the heels of Turkmenistan).
COOKING NOTES? I was nervous because this dish calls for a LOT of oil. I thought that would make the dish way too greasy, so I cut the oil by over half. The main ingredients are shrimp, beef, spinach (in place of bitter leaves), garlic, onion, ground peanuts, and Maggi cubes. Besides the oil, I wasn’t sure if this combo of foods would work. But actually, it did work! The flavor was quite good and it didn’t feel unhealthy at all. Served with boiled plantains, Ndole was a nice surprise.
RANK AMONGST ALL MEALS? 127 of 184.
WHY? This was Turkmen Carpet Day. Carpets are a huge part of life in Turkmenistan, both culture-wise and for their economy. So I figured I’d cook something from Turkmenistan on their Carpet Day.
WOULD WE MAKE THIS AGAIN? No.
FAVORITE ASPECT? The flavor was fine and it looked like it was supposed to.
COOKING NOTES? Many consider this to be the national dish of Turkmenistan. It’s basically a stuffed flatbread. Or a calzone with no cheese or tomato sauce. This version had ground beef, chopped tomatoes, onion, pepper, red pepper flakes on top of one layer of homemade dough, then was topped with another layer of dough. End result? It had good flavor but was also too dense. It could have used…cheese and tomato sauce (like a pizza).
RANK AMONGST ALL MEALS? 174 of 183.
1. Mexico Chicken in Red Mole, Chipotle Shrimp, Smoky Pork Tacos, Steak w/Spicy Guajillo Sauce, Green Poblano Rice, Corn Tortillas, Tortilla Chips, Mexican “Pot” Fried Beans, Tres Leche, Hot Chocolate
2. Thailand Three-Flavor Chicken Wings, Corn Fritters, Curry Shrimp Skewers, Red Curry Lamb Chops, Green Papaya Salad, Chicken Pad Thai, Shrimp Massaman Curry, Crying Tiger Steaks, Spicy Thai Basil Ground Turkey w/Fried Egg over Rice, Spiced Cashews, Thai Basil Mojito, Long Thailand Iced Tea
3. Cuba Roast Pork Shoulder with Mojo Sauce, Black Beans, Yuca with Garlic Sauce, Mojitos
4. Venezuela Pabellon Cirollo, Arepas, Black Beans w/Rice, Papelon con Limon drink
5. China Kung Pao Chicken, Szechuan Dan Dan Noodles, Duck Dumplings, Snow Peas
6. Brazil Feijoada, Pao de Queijo, Brazilian Rice, Shrimp in Coconut Sauce, Hearts of Palm Salad, Brazilian Charcuterie Board, Brigadeiro, Brazilian Dutch Pie, Drinks: Caipirinha, Passion Fruit Batista, Brazilian Beer, Brazilian Wine
7. Spain Paella, Albondigas, Tortilla Espanola, Shishito Peppers (us), Patatas Bravas, Pan con Tomate, Gambas al Ajillo, Spanish Meats & Cheeses, Chocolate Tres Leches, lots of wine
8. Bangladesh Cholar Dal, Basmati Rice, Aloo Gobhi Parathas, Kosha Murgir Mangsho Chicken, Bengali Caramel Yogurt
9. Trinidad and Tobago Curried Chicken Roti, Roti Flatbread
10. Puerto Rico Pernil, Arroz con Gandules, Mofongo, Coquito, Rum Limeade
11. France Beef Bourguignon, Dessert Crepes, French Cheese & Bread, French Champagne & Wine
12. Netherlands Dutch War Fries, Snert, Bitterballen, Stroopwafel, Dutch Cheese & Beer
13. Belgium Carbonnade Flamande, Pommes Frites with dipping sauce, Belgian Endive Salad, Chocolate Mousse, Belgian Beers
14. Portugal Bifanas on Portuguese rolls, Tomato Rice, Batatas Fritas, Rissois**, Iberico Ham-Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese, Cheese + Meat Platter, Pasteis de Nata**, Portuguese Wine & Port
15. Ethiopia Injera, Berbere Chicken Wings, Lentil Sambusas, Key Wat, Shiro Wat, Injudal Tibs, Yellow Split Peas (two types), Yataklete Kilkil, Ye Shimbra Asa, Ayib be Gomen, Tej Wine, Ethiopian Coffee, Chocolate Coffee Cardamom Cake
16. Iran Chicken Fesenjan, Tahdig, Faloodeh
17. Andorra Catalan Beef Stew, Charcuterie Board, Crema Catalana
18. Nigeria Beef Suya, Jollof Rice, Mango/Avocado/Basil Salad & Shuku Shuku (Coconut Balls)
19. Israel Falafel, Israeli Salad & Tahini Sauce, Pita Bread, Israeli Eggplant, Chocolate Babka
20. Grenada Roast Pork w/Caribbean Sauce, Black Bean/Heart of Palm Salad, Spice Cake
21. Cambodia Lok Lak, Lime Pepper Dipping Sauce, Pineapple & Shrimp Rice
22. Guatemala Chicken Pepian, Arroz Guatamalteco, Corn Tortillas
23. Tibet Yak Momo Dumplings, Spicy Nepalese Onion Potato Salad
24. Jamaica Beef Patties, Rice & Peas, Jerk Chicken, Island Rum Cocktails, Grilled Peppers/Pineapple
25. Taiwan 🇹🇼Basil Scallops, Popcorn Chicken, Gua Bao Buns, Pepper Shrimp, Skate & Bok Choy, Seafood Scallion Pancake, Matcha Noodles, Fried Rice, Lychee & White Gourd Cocktails, Boba Tea
26. Argentina Gaucho Steak w/Chimichurri on Crostinis, Chimichurri Rice
27. Saint Kitts and Nevis Ground Turkey Roti, Sunshine’s Salad, Killer Bee Cocktail
28. Afghanistan Mantu (Beef Dumplings), Kabli Pulao Rice
29. Belize Cochinita Pibil, Pickled Red Onions & Pickled Carrots, Tortillas, Stewed Red Beans, Rum Cocktail
30. San Marino Nidi di Rondine (Swallows Nest), Charcuterie board, Sangiovese wine, Lambrusco
31. Malaysia Malaysian Fried Chicken, Penang Fried Flat Noodles, Blue Rice
32. Croatia Charcuterie, Seafood Black Ink Risotto, Pasticada, Brown Butter Gnocchi, Fritule
33. United States Smoked Pork Belly Burnt Ends, Smoked Chicken Wings, Cajun Mac & Cheese, Apple Pie & Ice Cream
34. Indonesia Beef Rendang, Mi Goreng Noodles
35. Japan Sushi (multiple varieties), Veggie Tempura, Mochi, Sake & Sapporo
36. Palestine Palestine Chicken, Mujaddara, Taboon Bread
37. Montenegro Cevapi, Avjar, Lepinja, Burrata Salad, Figs with Riccota/Honey/Walnuts
38. Philippines Bistek Tagalog, Pancit Bihon Noodles, Black Rice, Lumpia**, Veggie Salad**
39. Honduras Baleadas w/ Chorizo, Refried Beans, Honduran Rice, Flour Tortillas, Licuados
40. Comoros Langouste a la Vanille, Coconut Ginger Rice
41. Monaco 🇲🇨Porchetta, Barbajuan, Nicoise Salad, Gnocchi, Fougasse**, Macarons**
42. Panama Smoked Ropa Vieja, Black Beans & Black Bean Rice, Fried Plantains
43. Pakistan Nihari, Basmati Rice
44. Colombia Chicken Sancocho, Arepas con Queso, Coco Loco
45. Lebanon Kibbeh Meatballs, Tabbouleh Lettuce Wraps, Artichokes, Grape Leaves, Hummus, Baba Ghanoush, Beet/Feta/Toasted Nut Salad, Flatbread (and veggies to dip)
46. Zimbabwe Dovi, Sadza Balls
47. Morocco Shakshuka, Khobz (Moroccan Bread)
48. Tanzania Lamb Samosas, Green Chutney, Spicy Tanzanian Pilau Rice
49. Namibia Antelope Potjekos, Pan-Fried Cabbage
50. Ecuador Latin Grilled Rib-Eye Steak, Arroz con Menestra, Multi-Fruit Dairy-Free Ice Cream
51. Vietnam Pho, Banh Mi Sandwich, Vietnamese Coffee
52. Norway Ribbe Roast, Lefse, Kalrabistappe, Cabbage w/Bacon, Jarlsberg Cheese & Crispbread
53. Germany Sauerbraten, Spaetzle, German Sausages, German Pretzels, Crumb Cake & Beers
54. eSwatini (Swaziland) Karoo Roast Ostrich Steak, Pumpkin Polenta, Slaai, South African wines
55. Ukraine Chicken Kiev, Garlic Mashed Potatoes
56. Singapore Chilli Crab, Steamed Buns
57. Australia Kangaroo Meatballs, Emu Steak, Meat Pies (Beef & Curry Chicken), Chips, Chicken Parm Bites, Salad, Vegemite Butter Avocado Toast, Tim Tams, Australian Wine & Beers
58. Bhutan 🇧🇹Jasha Maroo, Chum (Red Rice), Ezay
59. Serbia Karageorge Schnitzel, Prebanac
60. Saudi Arabia Chicken Shawarma, Flatbread & Garlic Yogurt Sauce, Kabsa Rice
61. Czech Republic Bohemian Roast Duck, Garlic Soup, Czech Dumplings, Braised Red Cabbage, Honey Buttered Carrots
62. Malta 🇲🇹Lampuki Pie, Mediterranean Malta Mule
63. Denmark Smorresbrod: Frikadeller, Roast Beef, Pear/Bleu Cheese, Shrimp+Eggs, Rugbrod Rye, Pickled Herring, Strawberries, Cream & Cardamom Biscuits
64. Mozambique Piri-Piri Chicken, Lemon Chili Rice
65. Sweden Swedish Meatballs over Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Swedish Fish
66. Bahrain Chicken Machboos
67. New Zealand Fish & Chips, Pavlova, New Zealand Wine/Cheese/Crackers/Clams
68. Botswana Grilled Ostrich Steak, Peppadew Pepper & Onion Relish, Griddled Pap
69. Sao Tome and Principe Matata (Clams w/Port Wine/Peanuts/Spinach/Rice), Chorizo Sandwich
70. Switzerland Cheese Fondue with Crusty Bread + Fruits & Veggies to dip
71. England Sunday Pot Roast, Yorkshire Pudding, Roasted Carrots/Parsnips/Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Potatoes, Soccer Pie**, Banoffee Pie**, British Beers
72. Greece Moussaka, Gigantes Beans, Lemon Potatoes, Greek Salad, Greek Wine & Beer, two Greek desserts**
73. Uruguay Chivito Sandwich, French Fries
74. Suriname Pom, Green Beans, Bojo Cake
75. Ghana Shoko
76. Brunei Chicken Satay, Nasi Lemak
77. Georgia Khachapuri, Georgia Salad w/Walnut Dressing
78. El Salvador 🇸🇻Chicharron Pupusas, Curtido, Stuffed Chayote
79. Palau Whole Fish in Banana Leaves, Taro Fritters (Ukoy), Couscous
80. Estonia Hakklihakotlet (Ground Meat Patties), Mulgipuder (Estonian Mashed Potatoes)
81. Curacao Keshi Yena, Tostones, Midnight Kiss drink
82. Bahamas Conch Fritters, Maduros, Bahamian Mac & Cheese, Fish Chowder, Bahama Mamas
83. Fiji Fijian Chicken Curry, Curry Leaf Rice
84. Maldives Tuna Curry with Rice, Dhonkeyo Kaju (Banana Fritters)
85. Tuvalu Tuna Coconut Curry w/Rice, Coconut Banana Fritters
86. India Mushroom Curry over Basmati Rice, Spicy Onion Fritters, Naan**
87. Samoa Oka i’a (Samoan Fish Salad), Taro Root Chips, Pisua
88. Slovenia Chicken Paprikash, Bryndzove Halusky, Sauteed Spinach
89. Hungary Hungarian Goulash, Langos
90. Egypt Camel Hawawshi, Koshari
91. Democratic Republic of Congo Chicken Moambe, Rice, Fried Plantains
92. Ireland Guinness Beef & Lamb Stew, Irish Soda Bread, Irish Beer & Whiskey
93. Bosnia and Herzegovina Cevapi, Djuvec Rice with Veggies, Bosnian Bread
94. Togo Grilled Togo Chicken Legs, Djenkoume (Tomato Cornmeal Cakes)
95. Oman Maldouf (Date Flatbread), Omani Salad with Zoodled Cucumbers & Preserved Lemons
96. Cyprus Koulouri-Cypriot Village Bread, Freekeh Halloumi Salad
97. Barbados Bajan Fried Chicken, Fry Bodi
98. Latvia Chlodnik (Chilled Beet Soup), Karbonade, Rye Bread & Layered Rye Bread Dessert
99. Myanmar Tea-Leaf Salad
100. Albania Tavi Kosi
101. Haiti Soup Joumou, Akasan
102. Paraguay 🇵🇾Sopa Paraguaya, Milanesa de Carne, Mango/Avocado Salad
103. Niger Djerma Stew
104. Nicaragua Arroz a la Valenciana, Elote
105. Finland Karjalanpiirakka (Karelian Pies), Rossoli Salad
106. Bolivia Saltenas, Majadito Rice
107. Costa Rica Gallo Pinto, Ceviche, Platacones, Pineapple w/Coconut Cream & Cinnamon
108. Mauritius Fish Vindaye, Lentils, Garlic Bread
109. Malawi Bone-in Chicken Curry, Nsima, Green Beans
110. Dominica Caribbean Reef Chicken
111. Cote d’Ivorie Garba: Fried Tuna & Attieke (Cassava Couscous), Cucumber/Zucchini Salad
112. Lithuania Homemade Bagels, Lox & Cream Cheese, Sliced Turkey, Mushroom Soup
113. Moldova Sarmale, Placinte
114. Kosovo Tarator Soup, Kifla, Pan-Fried Feta w/Seasoned Honey, Tuna & Veggie Kabobs
115. Romania Wild Pig Stew over Polenta
116. Saint Lucia Pork Chops with Banana Ketchup, Mashed Sweet Potato Medley, Island Cocktail
117. Cape Verde Cachupa, Sweet Candied Papaya
118. Kiribati Caramelized Shrimp with Coconut Rice, Fried Jackfruit, Papaya Tequila Surprise
119. United Arab Emirates 🇦🇪Koosa Mahshi (Stuffed Zucchini), Balaleet
120. Zambia Nshima, Kale Relish, Bean Relish
121. Tunisia Slata Mechouia with Tunisia Tuna
122. French Polynesia (Tahiti) Poisson Cru, Polynesian Jammy Biscuits
123. Antigua Caribbean BBQ Chicken Salad, Caribbean Rum Cocktail
124. Canada Elk Steak w/Maple-Soy Glaze, Poutine w/Gravy, Carrots, La Fin Du Monde Beer
125. Gabon Poulet au Gnemboue (Chicken in Nuts) over Rice
126. Qatar Jarjeer Salad, Batata B’kamun (Cumin Seed Potatoes), store-bought Knafeh and Warbat
127. Chad Salade du Tchad, Darabe Soup
128. Mauritania Thieboudienne
129. Liberia Maafe (Peanut Soup), Banana Rice Bread
130. Turkey Turkish Chicken Thighs, Turkish Potatoes, Mediterranean Apps & Wine
131. Mali Catfish Stew with Peanuts and Spinach, Meni-Meniyong
132. Jordan Za’atar Manakish, Jordanian Hummus
133. Senegal Chicken Yassa over Rice, West African Beans
134. Russia Beef Stroganoff over French-Fried Potatoes, Chocolate Salami
135. Sri Lanka Jaffna Crab Curry, Wambatu Moju, Avocado Crazy
136. Vanuatu Citrus-Baked Fish, Lap Lap
137. Syria Stuffed Zucchini Boats, Hummus, Naan**
138. Eritrea Kulwha (Lamb Stir-Fry), Tsebhi Birsen (Eritrean Lentils)
139. Djibouti Skoudehkaris
140. Austria Wiener Schnitzel, Potato Salad, Chocolate Balls
141. Nauru Coconut-Crusted Shrimp, Spam-Fried Rice
142. Slovakia Kapustnica (Sauerkraut & Sausage Soup), Cream Cucumber Salad, Rye Bread**
143. Iceland Icelandic Hot Dogs, Roasted Potatoes w/Icelandic Yogurt, Sambo Pristur Candy
144. Angola Camarao Grelhado com Molho Cru (Shrimp in Green Sauce) over Rice, Fried Okra
145. Solomon Islands Spicy Seafood Drunken Noodles
146. Guyana Pepperpot with Rice, Dragon Fruit
147. The Gambia Spicy Chicken ‘Pepe’ Soup, Tapalapa
148. Macedonia Sausages with Mushrooms
149. South Sudan Lamb Steak, Salata Aswad be Zabadi, Kisra (Sorghum Crepes)
150. Iraq Kubbat Pueta Chap (Stuffed Potato Dough), Iraqi Turnip Soup
151. Micronesia 🇫🇲Coconut Turkey Curry
152. Sierra Leone Sierra Leonean Party Fish Balls & Pepper Sauce, Sierra Leonean Salad
153. North Korea Korean Ground Turkey Cups, Kimchi**, Scallion Pancakes**
154. St. Vincent and the Grenadines Blaff (Snapper), Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
155. Tonga Kapisi Pulu, Papaya/Rice Noodle Salad
156. Libya Couscous with Zucchini & Mixed Veggies, Harrarat Kale
157. East Timor Batar Da’an with Shrimp and Rice
158. Belarus Mushroom and Barley Soup
159. Yemen Breakfast Lentil Stew (Adas), Fruit Salad, Toast
160. Kazakhstan Lamb Plov
161. Chile El Completo Hot Dogs, French Fries, Sopaipillas, Chilean Wine
162. Algeria Tri-color Couscous w/Tri-color Peppers, Chickpeas, Carrots & Currants
163. Laos Larb Lettuce Wraps, Coconut Rice
164. Sudan Ful Medames, Salata Tomatim Bel Daqua
165. Equatorial Guinea Succotash w/ Turkey Bacon
166. Vatican City Pizza a Caballo, Italian red wine
167. Guinea Chicken in Cumin Sauce
168. Kenya Roast Chicken w/East African Flavors, Sukuma Wiki
169. Liechtenstein Ribel w/Fruit Compote, Bacon & Scrambled Eggs
170. Tajikistan Tajik Naan, Tajik Bread Salad
171. Uzbekistan Lagman Soup
172. Burundi Plantains, Kidney Beans & Kale Mixture, Kachumbari Slaw
173. Luxembourg Bouneschlupp Soup, Gromperekichelcher (Potato Pancakes)
174. Guinea-Bissau Abacate com Tuna (Avocados with Tuna)
175. Azerbaijan Shirin Chorek (Sweet Milk Bread)
176. Rwanda Igisafuliya
177. Armenia Armenian Chicken Harissa, Eggplant Dolma, Lavash Salad
178. Lesotho Spinch/Tangerine Soup, Chakalaka
179. Republic of the Congo Liboke de Viande (Meat in Banana Leaf), Peanut Butter Mousse
180. Somalia Chickpea Pancakes with Turmeric, Chili Powder & Cumin, Somali Salad
181. Benin Akkra Funfun, Benin-Marinated Plantains, Sauteed Kale
182. Central African Republic Kanda (Pumpkin Seed Meatballs), White Rice, Sautéed Spinach
WHAT? Coconut Turkey Curry
WHY? Something simple but yummy was what he had in mind for tonight…and this hit the spot.
WOULD WE MAKE THIS AGAIN? Yes.
FAVORITE ASPECT? Curry flavor was just right combined with the coconut milk.
COOKING NOTES? I subbed turkey cutlets for chicken, and then there were onions, peppers, carrots, sweet potatoes, ginger, garlic, curry and chili powders + coconut milk, all served over rice. Easy to cook and easy to eat.
RANK AMONGST ALL MEALS? 151 of 182.
WHO? Kristin & Dave (and Carly & Zack)
WHAT? Basil Scallops, Popcorn Chicken, Gua Bao Buns, Pepper Shrimp, Skate & Bok Choy, Seafood Scallion Pancake, Matcha Noodles, Fried Rice, Lychee & White Gourd Cocktails, Boba Tea
WHY? We went down to LBI to get a beach day in and then cook with Carly & Zack. This was our fourth country meal with them, after previous journeys to Spain, Brazil and Ethiopia.
HOW? https://stefangourmet.com/2018/04/25/taiwanese-scallops-with-basil-3-cup-scallops/ (scallops)
WOULD WE MAKE THIS AGAIN? Yes.
FAVORITE ASPECT? We all seemed to pick the popcorn chicken and the gua bao buns at the top.
COOKING NOTES? 1. Basil Scallops. Kris was the chef here and this was delicious.
2. Popcorn Chicken. I brought our deep fryer to LBI, to make this five spice powder-infused Taiwanese treat.
3. Gua Bao Buns. Carly made these pork belly buns and they were delish!
4. Pepper Shrimp. I made this in my wok and the shrimp had some definite spice!
5. Fresh Skate and Bok Choy. Zack caught a big skate fishing in the morning, prepped it, and Kris made up the sauce for it. Yum!
6. Seafood Scallion Pancake. Kris added some of the skate + scallops to this dish.
7. Matcha Noodles with Veggies. The consistency of these cold noodles was off, but the taste with fresh peanut sauce was still very good.
8. Fried Rice. This rice by Carly was great and is a leftover I can’t wait to have later today.
9. Lychee Cocktail. Carly made this along with a white gourd cocktail, and both hit the spot.
10. Boba Tea (Bubble Tea). Carly made this tapioca ball drink for dessert (and also found pineapple upside down cake), which were terrific ways to close out Taiwan
RANK AMONGST ALL MEALS? 25 of 181.